GoDaddy Registry Podcast
Welcome to the GoDaddy Registry podcast: your regular catch up on the latest domain name industry thought-leadership news, opinions and insights from the registry experts.
Episode 7 – The Importance of a Brand To Help Build Trust With Your Audience | An Interview With Glenn Ruscoe from .physio.
Glenn Ruscoe, MD of Phys Biz Pty Ltd., the Registry Operator of the .physio TLD, speaks with Tony Kirsch, Head of Professional Services at GoDaddy Registry on a range of industry topics, including the importance of developing a brand for your TLD to build trust with your audience.
Glenn also discusses the following:
- Taking a long-term approach in developing the TLD brand
- Working with the relevant professional associations around the world
- Looking beyond domains under management as the success of a TLD
- Advice for future applicants in the next round of gTLDs.
Episode 6 – The Importance of the Next Round of TLD Applications for Brand Owners | An interview with Brian King from MarkMonitor.
Brian King, Head of Government and Industry Affairs at Clarivate/MarkMonitor speaks with Tony Kirsch, Head of Professional Services at GoDaddy Registry on a range of industry topics including the importance of the next round of TLD applications for brand owners.
Brian also discusses the following:
- Lessons from assisting brands in the 2012 round of new TLDs
- Enhancements in security in the domain industry
- Innovations from new TLD owners
- Predictions on the next round of TLDs.
Episode 5 – How to manage IP and brand protection challenges with your TLD portfolio | An interview with Deborah Atta-Fynn from JP Morgan Chase.
JP Morgan Chase’s Head of Brand Protection, Deborah Atta-Fynn speaks with Tony Kirsch, Head of Professional Services at GoDaddy Registry on managing a domain name portfolio and the IP challenges facing multinational organizations in the digital world.
Also covered in this episode:
- Building trust with their customers
- Using .chase and .jpmorgan across the business
- Working to have their .brand TLDs accredited for use within China
- Applying for TLDs in the next round.
Episode 4 – How to increase revenue from your TLD. An interview with Kathy Nielsen, Channel Relations Manager at GoDaddy Registry discussing premium domain name strategies for your TLD.
Tony Kirsch, Head of Professional Services at GoDaddy Registry talks with Kathy Nielsen, Channel Relations Manager at GoDaddy Registry about premium names.
In this episode, Kathy gives us an insight into premium names and how they can help boost revenue, including:
- The history and evolution of premium names
- Developing premium strategy as an integral part of your overall pricing strategy
- Top lessons learned when developing premium names strategies.
Episode 3 – An interview with .FOX Registry about their branded top-level domain (TLD) .FOX and what they have done to make this dotbrand a strong platform for digital innovation | Crews Gore
Tony Kirsch, Head of Professional Services at GoDaddy Registry talks with Crews Gore, Associate Director of Domain Name Strategy at .FOX Registry which is part of the overall FOX Corporation.
In this episode, Crews gives us insights into his background and the journey of the .FOX branded TLD since launch, as well as:
- The approach taken to increasing the adoption of the .FOX TLD within the organization
- The process the organization follows to activate a .FOX TLD
- The additional benefits of the TLD to the marketing, security and IT teams.
Episode 2 – An interview about the .bank and .insurance top-level domains (TLDs) and the success of migrating over 600 organisations to a .bank TLD since launch | Craig Schwarz
Tony Kirsch, Head of Professional Services at GoDaddy Registry talks with Craig Schwarz, Managing Director at fTLD Registry Services which is the registry operator of the .bank and .insurance top-level domains (TLDs).In this episode, Craig gives us insights into the genesis of fTLD Registry Services, as well as:
- The inspiration behind applying for the .bank and .insurance TLDs and wanting to create an online community for the financial services sector
- Operating trusted, verified and gated spaces by having them restricted with respect to who can participate and what domains can be registered, as well as what the requirements are to get a .bank domain and why they’re important
- The process that organizations have to go through to migrate to a .bank TLD and how they can overcome the obstacles through education within the community.
Episode 1 – An interview with Erik Asgeirsson, CEO and President of cpa.com about the launch and future plans of their .CPA TLD. | Erik Asgeirsson
In this episode, Tony Kirsch, Head of Professional Services at GoDaddy Registry talks with Erik Asgeirsson, CEO and President of cpa.com which is the technology arm of the trade association for Certified Public Accountants in the United States, about the launch and future plans of their TLD, .CPA.
Experience the Difference
Learn how you can partner with GoDaddy Registry.
Give us a call +1 (480) 651-9999